WELCOME TO FORUM 2012
Forum 2012, which was held 24-26 April 2012 in Cape Town, was the beginning of an exciting new series of the well-known and respected Global Forum for Health Research meetings. Under the theme of ”Beyond Aid… Research and Innovation as key drivers for Health, Equity and Development”, COHRED and the Global Forum for Health Research focused on potentials, solutions, and developing capacities – specifically in low- and middle-income countries and emerging economies – and how global collaboration can leverage this for a new era of global development support. Read more… and download our report on Forum 2012 (low res).
Forum 2012 will bring together seven key constituencies which are 1) governments, 2) research institutions, 3) business, 4) social enterprises / CSOs, 5) international organizations, 6) funders and 7) media and more. It will serve as a platform to bring together the world’s top change makers from both North and South to work together hand in hand through equal partnerships to effect change. If you are making changes for better health, equity and development, Forum 2012 is for you.
- Inviting change makers from all sectors affecting health
- Examining concrete examples
- Concentrating on collaborative, solution oriented discussion
- Inviting all to contribute actively to the programme
- Fewer presentations, more creative formats for interaction
- “362/3” – 362 days of work, discussion and action – 3 days of meetings